Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: email@example.com.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
Presentation on Elder Justice Program Fairfield Daily Republic
Presentation on Elder Justice Program. Christy Timko, Elder Abuse Victim Specialist, will present information about the Elder Justice Program in Solano County ...
Host a Public Hospital District presentation Vashon-Maury Island Beachcomber
I am a member of the Vashon Rotary Club, and several weeks ago we had the Vashon Maury Health Collaborative (VMHC) deliver a program on Vashon's ...
5 Rockstar Client Presentation Skills Chief Marketer
A strong presentation bridges the gap between a creative's vision and a client's perception and can lead to buy-in or outright dismissal.
Medicare 101 presentation in Newport Newport News Times
Older adults are invited to learn about their Medicare choices and next steps at a Medicare 101 educational workshop at the Newport 60+ Activity Center on ...
Big check presentation in Bay St. Louis WXXV News 25
The City of Bay St. Louis gets a big check tonight to upgrade landmarks in the area including the 7th Street Park. Tonight, the Hancock County Community ...
HOLTZ PRESENTATION | News, Sports, Jobs The Review
Lou Holtz presented Linda Laneve Wickstrom with a medallion at Monday's Lou Holtz/Upper Ohio Valley Hall of Fame induction banquet when the Frank and ...
CPR presentation planned at White Creek Seymour Tribune
CPR presentation planned at White CreekA presentation about cardiopulmonary resuscitation is set for 6:30 p.m. Monday at White Creek United Methodist ...
Sonoma's Presentation School graduates 26 Sonoma Index-Tribune
The Presentation School celebrated the graduation of 26 eighth graders on June 3. The graduating eighth graders were: Lukas James Grohol, Lincoln Reiter, ...