Conducting Successful Training Activities
Whether you are training preschoolers in the classroom or executives in the board room, here are 15 premises you might want to keep in mind the next time you're designing training activities.
1. Everybody has the capacity to learn.
2. Everybody learns at his own pace.
3. The trainee learns only when he is ready and is motivated.
4. Training must, therefore, get the trainee ready and motivated by satisfying his needs.
5. Training must, therefore, begin at the trainee's level of comprehension.
6. Begin with the simple information and progress to the complex.
7. Use mutually familiar frames of reference.
8. Make the training meaningful by systematically organizing it.
9. Provide relevant and timely supporting materials in adequate quantities.
10. Watch for and avoid trainee boredom by using variety in your activities, materials, and speaking manner.
11. Provide trainees with feedback and reinforcement about their participation.
12. Provide ample time for repetition and practice.
13. Give trainees the opportunity to adapt the training to new and different situations.
14. Reassure the trainee and use his experiences.
15. Make the training practical by developing an agenda that's practical.
Follow these premises and you'll find that your activities will become increasingly successful.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. When you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: email@example.com.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
The science of life is presentation topic Newport News Times
The fall event of the Pacific Communities Health District Foundation's Women's Giving Circle will feature a presentation on Ayurveda, â€śthe science of life,â€ť with ...
Presentation explores Harvey Girls - News The Hutchinson News
McCracken Public Library in McCracken will host â€śThe Harvey Girls,â€ť a presentation and discussion by Michaeline Chance-Reay on Sunday, Sept.29 at 3 p.m. at ...
Professor honors Gandhi in presentation Renegade Rip
Stafford Betty, a religious studies professor at CSUB, presented a lecture on Gandhi's life and lasting legacy at the Levan Center on Sept. 18 in celebration of ...
How to Rehearse for an Important Presentation Harvard Business Review
Steve Jobs was the most astonishing business speaker of his time. Bill Gates once called him a â€świzardâ€ť who â€ścast spellsâ€ť on his audience. Fortune magazine ...
Fly fishing presentation Sept. 24 Bemidji Pioneer
BEMIDJI -- Bill Evarts, a DNR Fisheries Specialist in Walker, will share a fly fishing presentation on Tuesday, Sept. 24, at CK Dudley's, 6405 Bemidji Ave. N.
Jimmie soccer sweeps Presentation Jamestown Sun
The University of Jamestown soccer teams opened Great Plains Athletic Conference play with a sweep of Presentation College on Wednesday, Sept.
Photogrammetry study presentation Journal of the San Juan Islands
Submitted by The Whale Museum. On Sept. 26, John Durban from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and Holly Fearnbach from SR3 SeaLife ...
Sumo 101: Presentation of new recruits The Japan Times
Sumo is a world filled with ritual and costume. From daily training to tournament bouts to going out in public, there are rules governing what you should w.