Sharpening Your Presentation Skills
Regardless of the nature of our job or social standing, sooner or later we will be called upon to make a presentation of one sort or the other. To sharpen your skills, whet your audience's appetite, and educate them, organize your presentation by keeping them in mind. To help you do just that, here are some tips to consider:
* Have an inviting opening. Greet your audience with a statement that conveys your genuine pleasure in seeing them and in being there.
* Summarize your main points. Inform your audience from the beginning about the structure of your presentation. When you do, they more likely will follow your presentation until its close. They will, consequently, be better able to follow each successive point as you develop it.
* Back your main points with examples, statistics, or facts. Caution: Be careful of overwhelming the audience by turning it into a scientific or technical presentation when presenting to a general audience.
* Design simple, yet convincing visuals that your audience can understand and interpret quickly.
* End with a strong conclusion that invites your audience to take immediate action or seek follow-up.
* Handle questions openly and honestly, admitting when you don't have an answer, but, at the same time, promising to get back to your audience, or the individual, when you do.
Follow these tips, and I guarantee that you will see progress in your presentation skills that will lead to successful outcomes.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. hen you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
PERMISSION TO REPUBLISH: This article may be republished in ezines, newsletters, and on web sites provided attribution is provided to the author, and it appears with the included copyright, resource box and live web site link. Email notice of intent to publish is appreciated but not required. Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management and marketing resources at www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com">http://www.maximizingyourpotential.blogspot.com.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
When to cancel a presentationQuartzMilitary strategist Sun Tzu once advised, â€śHe will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.â€ť The same is true for business presentations: You have to pick your moment with care, and sometimesâ€”when you are not set up for successâ€”you should ...
Invitation - Presentation of Sobi's Q3 2018 ResultsPR Newswire (press release)Financial analysts and media are invited to participate in a telephone conference, which will include a presentation of the results, on the same day at 14:00 CET. The event will be hosted by Sobi's CEO and President, Guido Oelkers, and the presentation ...and more »
Scuttlebutt Sailing News
Organizing the Events and PresentationScuttlebutt Sailing NewsWhen it comes to the presentation of our sport at the Olympics, the responsibility for the broadcast is with the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS), and we have not done a very good job of impacting how the broadcast needs to be done. Sailing has ...
MassRoots Presentation Now Available for On-Demand ViewingPR Newswire (press release)LOS ANGELES, Oct. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- MassRoots (OTCQB:MSRT), a leading technology platform for medical cannabis patients and businesses, today announced its October 2018 presentation from MassRoots CEO Isaac Dietrich is now available for ...and more »
United Nations presentation is ThursdayTwin Falls Times-NewsTWIN FALLS â€” Peter Gallo, a lawyer in international criminal law and former U.N. investigator in the Office of International Oversight Services, will speak on his experiences in working at the United Nations at 7 p.m. Oct. 25 at the College of ...
Anti-Bullying Presentation in East Hampton TuesdayEast Hampton StarMark Walters, a retired New York City and New Jersey school principal, former guidance counselor, and director of Bullying Stops Today, will be at the East Hampton Library on Tuesday from 5 to 6:30 p.m. with a presentation for teenagers and parents ...
WTAJ - www.wearecentralpa.com
JARI to host social media presentationWTAJ - www.wearecentralpa.comJohnstown, Pa. - Johnstown Area Regional Industries, JARI, will be hosting a Lunch and Learn presentation on social media and digital marketing October 30. The Lunch and Learn will be held at the JARI Center at 160 Jari Drive in Johnstown, from noon to ...