10 Profitable Tips for Creating Better Sales Presentations
No matter what your business is, you will enhance your level of success by developing a well-organized sales presentation. A good sales presentation involves two primary elements:
(1) The pre-planned sales talk.
(2) A carefully conceived and organized visual presentation that documents, confirms, supports, and strengthens the oral.
Your visual aid can take a variety of forms. It may be a multi-page flip-over type with elaborate charts and graphs, extensive artwork, color photos, and other attention getting devices. It may be a computer driven multi-media event or a simple on-line presentation from a laptop. Or, it can be a basic set of 8 1/2 X 11 loose-leaf pages that can be arranged to fit diverse selling situations.
Presentations, whether professionally designed or home made, are a vital component of your selling process. Why? Confucius put it this way: "In all things, success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure." First prepare. Then sell.
Here are ten tips for selling better with prepared presentations.
1. Plan Ahead. Advance preparation is nine-tenths of the sale. Be sure you are organized and equipped to talk, show, and sell. Know all you can about your prospect before you make the presentation. Tailor your products/services benefits to solve your prospects' problems and fill their needs and desires.
2. Make A Great First Impression. A clean uncluttered sales presentation, like an artist's creation, is a mirror-image of your character, personality, and attitude.
3. Be Clear. Be Logical. Be Brief. Don't be brief at the expense of being misunderstood. Clarity starts with you. Clear answers to your prospects overriding question... What can you do for me?...will lead to understanding and sales.
4. Maintain Control. Never sit between two buyers. Don't let the prospect read ahead or thumb through your visual aids until you're ready for him to. Ask the prospect to instruct his secretary to hold all calls during your presentation. (It takes guts to sell.)
5. Seek Change of Pace. Put bounce in your voice. Change pace, tempo, and volume. Ask lots of questions. Get verbal confirmation of agreement at each stage of the presentation.
6. Prepare For Interruptions. Don't be flustered or thrown off balance. Expect interruptions and use them to summarize key sales points.
7. Involve The Prospect. Give the prospect something to feel, handle, manipulate, examine. Let the prospect mentally take possession of your product or service.
8. Gauge Your Progress. Progress should be measured in terms of understanding. No understanding...no sale. The more the prospect agrees with you, the more progress you are making.
9. Give A Complete Sales Talk Every Time. Your presentation must perform four important functions:
(A) Win the prospects attention,
(B) hold his interest,
(C) persuade and convince him of the rightness of your proposition,
(D) prove that a buying decision is a logical step for him to take.
10. Seek A Buying Action...Expect To Close. A good presentation naturally leads to a buying decision. Make it easy for the customer to buy. If your prospect was properly qualified and your sales presentation on target, you will find the selling process goes quickly and easily.
© Copyright 2005 Thom Reece All Rights Reserved
Thom Reece is CEO of Online Marketing Resource Center [www.E-ComProfits.com">http://www.E-ComProfits.com] and publisher of "Thom Reece's Web Marketing Strategies & Techniques Newsletter". You may subscribe free at: www.WMSTDirect.com">http://www.WMSTDirect.com, mailto:email@example.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Presentation to focus on tips for ministryChico Enterprise-RecordMaj. Martin Cooper and his wife, Maj. Nancy Cooper, both retired Salvation Army officers who live in Paradise, will present â€śFresh Approaches on the Ministry of Jesusâ€ť at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Craig Memorial Congregational Church. They've engaged in ...
The 7 Best Presentation Software Tools For EntrepreneursForbesHaving great ideas, knowing the facts you want to convey and presenting a pitch deck so successfully that you get funded can be very different things. Regardless of the stage of your company, a lot of your success is riding on a few slides. This is ...