What Every Manager Should Know About How to Sharpen His Presentation Skills
Regardless of the nature of our job or social standing, sooner or later we will be called upon to make a presentation of one sort or the other. To sharpen your skills, whet your audience's appetite, and educate them, here is the key to your success: organize your presentation by keeping them in mind.
To help you do just that, here are some tips to consider:
* Have an inviting opening. Greet your audience with a statement that conveys your genuine pleasure in seeing them and in being there.
* Summarize your main points. Inform your audience from the beginning about the structure of your presentation. When you do, they more likely will follow your presentation until its close. They will, consequently, be better able to follow each successive point as you develop it.
* Back your main points with examples, statistics, or facts. Caution: Be careful of overwhelming the audience by turning it into a scientific or technical presentation when presenting to a general audience.
* Design simple, yet convincing visuals that your audience can understand and interpret quickly.
* End with a strong conclusion that invites your audience to take immediate action or seek follow-up.
* Handle questions openly and honestly, admitting when you don't have an answer, but, at the same time, promising to get back to your audience, or the individual, when you do.
Follow these tips, and I guarantee that you will see progress in your presentation skills that will lead to successful outcomes.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. hen you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management, marketing, and parenting resources at < b>Maximizing Your Potential blog.
Host a Public Hospital District presentation Vashon-Maury Island Beachcomber
I am a member of the Vashon Rotary Club, and several weeks ago we had the Vashon Maury Health Collaborative (VMHC) deliver a program on Vashon's ...
5 Rockstar Client Presentation Skills Chief Marketer
A strong presentation bridges the gap between a creative's vision and a client's perception and can lead to buy-in or outright dismissal.
HOLTZ PRESENTATION | News, Sports, Jobs The Review
Lou Holtz presented Linda Laneve Wickstrom with a medallion at Monday's Lou Holtz/Upper Ohio Valley Hall of Fame induction banquet when the Frank and ...
Thai firm holds Chinese presentation The Nation
Heroleads Thailand Co Ltd, a data-driven performance marketing company, was invited to the Google APAC Summit 2019 in Shenzhen to present its new ...
Sonoma's Presentation School graduates 26 Sonoma Index-Tribune
The Presentation School celebrated the graduation of 26 eighth graders on June 3. The graduating eighth graders were: Lukas James Grohol, Lincoln Reiter, ...
Kennebec Historical presentation set for June 19 Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel
The Kennebec Historical Society's June public presentation, ‚ÄúRisking Lives and Fortunes, Maine's Underground Railroad,‚ÄĚ will begin at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, ...
World Traveling Presentation Waterbury Republican American
With Peter Fitzpatrick, world traveler, includes question-and-answer period and light refreshments. RSVP. Share this: Click to print (Opens in new window) ¬∑ Click ...