What Every Manager Should Know About How to Sharpen His Presentation Skills
Regardless of the nature of our job or social standing, sooner or later we will be called upon to make a presentation of one sort or the other. To sharpen your skills, whet your audience's appetite, and educate them, here is the key to your success: organize your presentation by keeping them in mind.
To help you do just that, here are some tips to consider:
* Have an inviting opening. Greet your audience with a statement that conveys your genuine pleasure in seeing them and in being there.
* Summarize your main points. Inform your audience from the beginning about the structure of your presentation. When you do, they more likely will follow your presentation until its close. They will, consequently, be better able to follow each successive point as you develop it.
* Back your main points with examples, statistics, or facts. Caution: Be careful of overwhelming the audience by turning it into a scientific or technical presentation when presenting to a general audience.
* Design simple, yet convincing visuals that your audience can understand and interpret quickly.
* End with a strong conclusion that invites your audience to take immediate action or seek follow-up.
* Handle questions openly and honestly, admitting when you don't have an answer, but, at the same time, promising to get back to your audience, or the individual, when you do.
Follow these tips, and I guarantee that you will see progress in your presentation skills that will lead to successful outcomes.
Remember: When you maximize your potential, everyone wins. hen you don't, we all lose.
© Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW
Etienne A. Gibbs, MSW, Management Consultant and Trainer, conducts seminars, lectures, and writes articles on his theme: "... helping you maximize your potential." He offers management, marketing, and parenting resources at < b>Maximizing Your Potential blog.
Authors to give presentation on OMDP book Las Cruces Sun-News
LAS CRUCES - Devon Fletcher and David Soules will give a talk about their book, "Exploring Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument" 6 p.m. ...
Mt. Washington presentation Concord Monitor
LaconiaMt. Washington presentationWhat's it like to live and work on top of Mount Washington? Find out Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. as Lakes Region ...
9 Tips for Giving an Effective Presentation Technology Networks
Presenters are assigned with conveying important messages in a timely, accurate and engaging manner. Maintaining the attention and interest of the audience ...
Author to give presentation Youngstown Vindicator
Author to give presentation. CANFIELD. Author Kevin Pawlak will present â€śAntietam Endgame: September 18-20, 1862,â€ť and sign copies of his book â€śTo Hazard ...
Presentation to cover Medicare changes Chico Enterprise-Record
A brief presentation on Medicare changes for 2019 will be presented 9:30 a.m. to noon Tuesday at Enloe Conference Center, 1528 Esplanade. Sponsored by ...
WBB: USF Blasts Presentation KSFY
SIOUX FALLS â€“ Junior Kaely Hummel had 18 points and led five players in double-digits as the University of Sioux Falls Women's Basketball Team (4-1) ...
Pearl Harbor presentation Modesto Bee
Modesto High alums hear from a fellow grad who served in the Philippines in World War II and an Oakdale resident born in a Japanese-American internment ...
Naturalist presentation in Newport Newport News Times
â€śBirders in Paradiseâ€ť is the topic of a naturalist presentation by Ram Papish, set for 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 20, at the OSU Extension Lincoln County building ...
County Makes First 2019 Budget Presentation Centralia Chronicle
More than a dozen Lewis County residents crowded into a meeting room in the basement of the historic courthouse Monday for the county's first presentation of ...